Checking Accounts at UFCW Community means no hidden costs but lots of extras.
- No minimum balance
- Check Cards
- Free Bill Pay
- Free Home Banking
- Free E-Statements
- Unlimited check writing
Savings and Investments
- Provides a small return on your money…but keeps your money accessible at a moments notice.
- $5.00 minimum balance
- $5.00 membership fee
*minimum $100 balance to receive dividends
- Free 24 hour home banking and automated phone access
The account is dividend bearing with slightly less flexibility than a traditional savings account
- $500 minimum balance
- Guaranteed return on investment
- Rates set quarterly
- No service fees
- Free 24 hour bank by phone account (Speedy Access)
MEMBERS Financial Services
Take advantage of this no cost, no obligation service provided when you are a member of UFCW Community Federal Credit Union.
The MEMBERS Financial Services Program offers retirement, insurance and investment programs designed to help you and your family through a lifetime of financial planning needs.
Some of the products and services available include:
- 401(k) / Pension Rollovers
- Retirement Planning
- Education Funding
- Mutual Funds
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Wealth Management
- Tax-managed Investing
This program is designed to assist all members – from those just starting a savings plan, to those with sizable savings looking for more mature financial management tools.
Whether you're looking for help on just one financial need, or if you're interested in putting together a complete plan, they will help you assess your current financial situation and develop a plan for all your financial goals.
Contact Trey VanWert at (570)208-4520 to take advantage of this FREE service provided by
UFCW Community Federal Credit Union
Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. FR-3478663.1-0321-0423Click here for more information
- Liquidity of funds is inversely related to dividend bearing; the longer the term, the greater the return.
- Guarantee return on investment
- Requires a minimum deposit, amount may vary with term, dividend bearing rate
- Wide variety of terms, ranging from 6 months to 5 years
- Penalties charged for early withdrawal of funds
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA's)
Long term investment, created to supplement your retirement and educational needs.
This plan offers tax-deferred earning and the possibility for tax-deductible contributions. The plan is subject to IRS regulations.
- No Minimum
- Deposits allowed at any time.
- With a traditional IRA you may be able to deduct the contributions made to the IRA from your income taxes. Money can be withdrawn after age 59 1/2 but will be taxed as ordinary income.
Traditional IRA Forms
- Traditional Application
- Traditional Beneficiary Change
- Traditional Contribution and Investment Selection
- Traditional Change Notice
- Traditional Direct Transfer
- Traditional Withdrawal
This plan offers more incentives to boost retirement savings. Contributions are not tax-deductible, however, earning can be withdrawn tax-free as long as they conform to the plan revisions.
- No Minimum
- Deposits allowed at any time.
- The Roth IRA holds after-tax dollars. By maximizing your contributions, you will add greater tax leverage to your retirement savings. Money can be withdrawn after 5 years and at age 59 1/2 and will not be considered taxable income.
Roth IRA Forms
- Roth Application
- Roth Beneficiary Change
- Roth Contribution and Investment Selection
- Roth Change Notice
- Roth Withdrawal
Coverdell Educational IRA
This is a tax-advantaged saving plan that will help pay for a child's education expenses. Contributions are not tax-deductible; however, earnings can be withdrawn tax-free as long as it is used for the education of a child.
- No Minimum Balance required to open
- Deposits allowed until 18th birthday
Coverdell Educational IRA Forms
- Coverdell Application
- Coverdell Beneficiary Change
- Coverdell Contribution and Investment Selection
- Coverdell ESA Change Notice
- Coverdell ESA Direct Transfer
- Coverdell ESA Withdrawal
NCUA insures all IRA's up to $250,000 If you want to learn more about an IRA or are ready to open an account, call or stop in to speak to a Member Service Representative at one of our four convenient branches.